RAGNAR Keys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Start Times

5 posters

Go down

Start Times Empty Start Times

Post  Kelly Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:08 am

As the person that RAGNAR thinks is the Team Captain, I can tell you that earlier tonight, we were assigned a start time of 11 AM. We all need to make sure that as you have REGISTERED on the Ragnar site your 10k time is accurate. Please make sure you adjust your time by this Sunday if necessary. There are certain holding times that the teams are held too and if we arrive TOO early to MAJOR exchanges (6,12,18,24,30), they will hold you back UNREASONABLY. They also push teams forward who hold up the pace, something I'm sure we don't need to worry about. In any case as someone who has worked 4 previous Ragnar events, I'm well aware of what they watch and pursue and what they ignore. There is much that runners worry about that the race officials have no clue about but they will hold us back horribly if we run too fast as they will not have the course set up yet.

As a reminder, Bryan is still our OFFICIAL team captain. This post comes from me tonight only because I registered our team so online, they think I'm the leader. I am just another anal retentive detail freak that is running in Van 1. I would like EVERYONE to respond HERE by Sunday that they've seen this post and that their posted pace on the RAGNAR site is accurate for a 10k.....pretty please? Thank you very much....

I will say for what it's worth I am NOT happy about the 11AM start time. Please post your own opinions about this time here and I will see what we can do to move it back up to earlier. We requested a 7:30 am start time out of a range between 7:30 and 9:30 so I don't know WHERE this time came from.
Kelly,,, Very Happy
Kelly
Kelly

Back to top Go down

Start Times Empty Re: Start Times

Post  Admin Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:29 am

3 Words...WOW!

That's a bummer....I was looking forward to a "cooler temp" leg 1 run at 7:30 am ....Yikes!

I'm going to update the Pace calc right now and see how this shakes things up ....

TBH, I'm not totally surprised as our current pace calc had us finishing at 2:30 in the afternoon ....but I also figured that was a little aggressive, and figured 3:30-4:00 was more accurate as out pace declines later in the race.

Fitz
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://ragnar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:53 am

This is what we have for paces..in red.

[img]Start Times Screen11[/img]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Start Times Empty pace

Post  cfitzgib Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:56 am

I think my pace is good where it's at - I overestimated a little due to unknown temperatures/wind. Realistically I'll prob be closer to 9:30.

cfitzgib

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelly Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:04 am

I'm hoping my pace on the shorter 3 mile legs I have will be more like 10-10.5 min miles but at this point I do worry there on my 7 mile leg I will have to do some walking and if that is the case the 11:30 overall is probably about right on the money.

I did email Carrie and ask her pretty please to see about getting us started earlier.....
Kelly
Kelly

Back to top Go down

Start Times Empty Carrie Meng's Response -

Post  Kelly Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:16 am

I just got this back from Carrie:

We had quite a few teams paces change after start time requests closed, which means we had to move paces around. Unless your team is in danger of getting ahead or behind the set-up crew I can’t change it. If another team with a similar pace is starting earlier and wants to switch to later I’ll switch you with them. I have an inbox full of start time emails, I’ll keep my eye out.
Kelly
Kelly

Back to top Go down

Start Times Empty Pace

Post  lcarey Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:28 pm

My pace should be right at 9 for my shorter legs...closer to 9'45" for the longer leg.

And for the record, I appreciate all you guys have done to set all this up! Please let me know how I can help in anyway! sunny
lcarey
lcarey

Back to top Go down

Start Times Empty Race Pace

Post  Ragnar2009 Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:46 pm

Realisticly my 9 minute pace is accurate based on the short distances, you can bump my pace to 9:15 if needed. I can always run slower.....

Chris

Last edited by Admin on Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added name)

Ragnar2009

Back to top Go down

Post  Jmiller385 Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:34 pm

Justin and I are good with our paces. Have we got confirmation on tehe earlier start time 7:45 that the website says?

Jmiller385

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelly Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:43 pm

Yes....and you are welcome. I completely sucked up with the race director Carrie and got our time moved to 7:45..... Very Happy I have no idea what pre race tasks I just signed up for in return but whatever, it is better than an 11 am start time.

Kelly
Kelly
Kelly

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:26 am

The pace calc has been updated based on 7:45 start....I also added the penalty times.

Fitz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum